Customer was experiencing a batch window issue due to batch processes have a high Elapsed Time consumption, and in addition batch architecture is not 24x7. Therefore, they need to stop batch processes at 8 am to start online activity.
- Batch optimization and pattern discovery
- Technical consultancy about batch 24x7 availability and QA control
Project of 14 weeks with a team of 5 resources, working for different batch processes, pattern discovery and functional documents.
- Total support of customer technical team
- Fast alignment of objectives with the customer and scope flexibility
- Involvement of specialized GFT team with high technical skills
- High motivation of the team
- GFT team is focused on application code improvements, but also on hardware issue
- Quick reporting of improvement areas including solution alternatives and installation patterns definition
- Significant Batch improvements with high Elapsed Time consumption reduction
- 23 improvement opportunities proposed and 2 functional documents delivered
- GFT recognized again as trusted partner by the customer in a short time.
- GFT proposed to continue the optimization initiative with the implementation of “Batch 24x7” architecture and a QA application automated control
Consumption Reduction: More than 175 hours (daily)