Enable the bank to operate under a platform model, based on Open APIs
- Maintain customer engagement in an increasingly competitive market where new entrants and fintech companies are challenging customer loyalty at traditional banks
- Monetise the bank’s data assets by enabling third parties to use these data sets to build new services
- Guarantee an exceptionally high level of data security and privacy according to banking regulations
Design and implementation of API development framework used across 11 banks in 35 countries
- Working with teams across the banking group, GFT analysed the bank’s current web and mobile traffic patterns, as well as customer interactions, to plan the user experience journey
- The teams designed the front-end architecture of the bank platform so it would function across cultures and continents in multiple languages, also securely gathering APIs
- GFT focussed heavily on architecture aspects, the governance model and the selection of the appropriate tools and software solutions.
Project closure provided a proof-of-concept and a blueprint for the functionality of the API infrastructure.
Sustainable model for the digital bank of the 21st century
- The Bank as a Platform architecture enables the bank to migrate to an API-focussed service development model, accelerating delivery of innovative services to customers
- Closer customer engagement allowing them to benefit from more relevant, event-driven offers that accurately match their needs, as well as smoother transactional experiences with third parties
- New third-party revenue streams enabled through open APIs